Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager - Chooch
United States / Remote
Our Vision: AI for Good
We would like to make the world a better place through Computer Vision. There are massive benefits to Chooch depending on the use case, from preventing fraud to decreasing medical mistakes, from increasing manufacturing quality to deepening our understanding of a changing world.
We believe Chooch solves a fundamental problem in Computer Vision, the ability to acquire visual expertise in a structured way similar to human knowledge. This will allow us to share our intuitive system with others in a way that will be truly beneficial to humanity.
The business opportunity is also tremendous. Chooch has partnered with leading global consultancies, hardware manufacturers, and systems integrators to make this happen, and our company has been covered by the leading analyst firms and press like the Washington Post and Techcrunch.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Chooch gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for a trusted industry leader. By joining our supportive group of globally diverse teammates, you will solve real-life problems, make a difference, and have a global impact. At Chooch we encourage you to be yourself, grow with us, and unleash your potential.
Description: We're seeking a highly motivated, customer-focused, diligent and team-oriented Technical Project Manager and Coordinator. This individual will be part of an exciting and growing team and will help strengthen our IT service delivery, projects, features and operations. The role will be responsible for the timely and quality delivery of IT Infrastructure projects and services. The role will be responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management standardized procedures and processes’ and achieving financial results on assigned projects. Provides project coordination for day to day activities of employees and sub-contractors. Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base. Provides service project estimating and estimating reviews. Acts as a technical resource for sales and responsible for overall project program compliance execution and strategy. Must also have a clear understanding of the challenges of information security, networking and have experience with ticketing systems concepts.
Scope: Working closely with all areas of IT, the role will responsible for the initiation, coordination, and completion of multiple, parallel projects within the Information Technology department. This is a critical IT Infrastructure function, so the candidate must have extensive experience in technical project management/delivery, business process improvement and personal management. The primary function of the Technical Project Manager is to manage multiple technical projects and liaise between Business Units customers by aligning business unit goals and objectives with IT project planning, development, and implementation. The Technical Project Manager will communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences regarding IT systems, functions and sales.
- About you
● Hands-on experience with Computer Vision and/or embedded edge AI or AI implementation or development experience; experience with cameras and camera technology a strong plus
● 5+ years experience working directly with customers and partners to deliver technical implementations
● Hands-on experience with Containers such as Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes implementations and deployments
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
● Experience creating implementation and technical documentation and customer training
● Excellent customer-facing skills including a demonstrated track record of interfacing with enterprise clients and partners
● Highly effective presentation, demonstration, and communication skills
● Track record of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical customers
● Able to identify potential problems early and develop plans to avoid such problems
● Track record of learning new technologies quickly
● Knowledge of implementation processes
● Excellent team player and builds trust internally and with customers and partners
● Able to work independently and make decisions in real-time
● Responsive and able to prioritize workload based on customer and company needs
● Strong work ethic and a "get-the-job-done" attitude in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
● Knowledge of and previous experience working with python
● Government clearance is a strong plus
● Able to travel up to 20-30%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees assigned projects for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Uses negotiation skills to consistently resolve disputes.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Owns stakeholder management, responsible for setting customer expectations and leading efforts to sustain customer satisfaction.
- Defines IT project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, identifies potential crises, devises and leads the execution of contingency plans.
- Actively seeks out and acts on opportunities for PM process improvement using a combination of industry experience, Lean activities and process automation.
- Effectively manage customer IT projects such that company standards and expectations are met.
- Obtain subject matter expertise in the area being managed.
- Assist in advancing team standards, policies and procedures and work to achieve them.
- Ensure that required knowledge is obtained to maximize use of existing and perspective technology.
- Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base. Estimates work and presents proposals to the customer.
- Acts as a technical resource for Sales on large projects. Assists sales in project development efforts and performs pre-bid reviews.
- Provide metrics, reports and communicate progress to leadership
- Establish working relationships with others in the department, collaborating on new technology needs or expanded uses for existing technologies to increase functionality or efficiency.
- Participate in and ensure that related technology and application documentation is developed and maintained.
- Maintain a high level of technical competence; assist co-workers in resolving complex technical problems and work with customers to ensure solutions are satisfactory.
- Participates in the creation and enforcement of the technical service system standards for on premise and systems environments.
- Performs additional job duties as required
- Advance company vision
- Performs additional job duties as required per management.
Purpose of their technology –
The purpose is to take humans out of manual tedious tasks and or to optimize response times, use cases and benefits are endless
Innovations they’re doing within AI –
Innovations we are making are being able to take model training and detection out of any internet requirements and doing so in airgapped environments, using camera as a sensor.
Chooch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring, employment, or promotion decisions based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height, and/or weight.