Title: Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN - (Remote)
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer role in Nashville, TN.
The Cyber Security Engineer (Network and Data Centers) position is a team role on the Cyber Security Engineering Team that will deliver technical advisory services and security governance across the company to mature and innovate our security capabilities. The position will develop and lead the process for building and translating technical business requirements into enterprise security solutions designed to protect our information and digital assets with acceptable levels of control. The individual in this role should demonstrate an advanced understanding of multiple security domains and will exercise judgment within existing practices and policies. The engineer will provide key strategic input and provide solution designs for the security program. They will provide recommendations on improvements for existing security solutions and participate in the design and implementation of new security solutions across multiple domains. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Cyber Security Engineering.
- Provide guidance and consultation to project stakeholders security requirements and designing technical solutions
- Participate in cybersecurity architecture strategy development in alignment with business and IT objectives.
- Research, design, and integrate new cybersecurity solutions, specifically around network traffic in both multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments
- Validate and certify current and future state security architectural models and assess potential impact across enterprise systems.
- Identify use cases for technical capabilities, lead and conduct hands-on evaluations and develop value proposition for new network security products and services.
- Work closely with leadership and other groups to define the strategic direction of the business and promote resilient security engineering.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of security engineering next-gen designs, and security trends and threats.
- Responsible for providing solutions on Zero-Trust network security models
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, project managers and internal stakeholders.
Outstanding technical skills across a broad range of security domains is required to be successful in this role. Additionally, the ability to work with a large and diverse business and IT community spanning multiple countries and functional units. Sound project management skills are a plus in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of applicable security experience
- Experience designing and managing network traffic solutions (Firewalls, Proxies, etc.) across multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments
- Experience designing and implementing Next-Gen Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of modern cyber threat actors, their motivation, scenarios, tools, tactics and procedures
- Experience with hybrid and multi-cloud environments (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Experience with SIEM solutions (Splunk preferred)
- Ability to present complex, technical information to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in written and/or oral formats
- Understanding of risk management practices with emphasis on risk assessment and interpretation and application of corporate information security policies
- Ability to evaluate risk, business impact, cost and difficulty to remediate in relation to communication of findings
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.