Systems Lead- Financial Messaging SWIFT
Title: Lead Messaging Engineer
Location: Malvern PA
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Lead Messaging Engineer in Malvern PA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or the equivalent of training and experience
- 8-10 years IT experience, with 2-5 years of hands on experience with the SWIFT Alliance family of products
- Hands on experience with SWIFT, TIBCO, or Axway Decision Insight required
- Must be a quick learner, able to conduct independent research, methodical, careful, and very well organized.
- Must be able to lead a development team and provide hands on support
- Strong knowledge of basic computing principals, including security protocols and methods
- Working knowledge of SWIFT Customer Security Program Policies & Control Objectives
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Linux) Administration
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and firewall rule administration
- Basic Understanding of other Messaging, ESB, or Integration Technologies (eg IBM MQ, TIBCO)
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.