Information Systems Security Engineer
Title: Information Systems Security Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $80K to $100K base
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an Information Systems Security Engineer role in Orlando, Florida.
- Develop creative technical and procedural solutions to effectively secure information systems without introducing significant operational overhead.
- Perform technical implementation of security functionality to comply with NIST SP 800-53A controls and ensure the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Validate security components are operating efficiently and are providing the expected insight into the information system through continuous monitoring
- Maintain the security posture of the information system through applying periodic DISA STIG configuration and vulnerability patch updates
- Perform self-assessments of information systems using manual and automated compliance tools in support of obtaining or maintaining a DoD RMF ATO.
- Propose justification and mitigating countermeasures to reduce or eliminate risk level of an identified vulnerability.
- A strong understanding of enterprise security principles and best practices
- A strong technical background performing system administration on at least one of the following infrastructure components:
- Networking (Cisco ASA, Cisco NS-OX)
- Virtualization (RHV, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Linux (RHEL, Kali)
- Windows (SHB, HBSS)
- A self-motivated desire for learning new technologies and an interest in professional growth
- Technical experience implementing and maintaining enterprise management tools
- Technical experience with virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V, RedHat Virtualization)
- A strong understanding of at least one major scripting language (BASH, PowerShell, Python)
- Experience with source-code analysis tools and with software development lifecycle approaches.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional experience in a cybersecurity role
- An active Information Security related certification (Security+, CCNA Security, CEH)
- An active SECRET Security Clearance
Client is looking for a technically proficient Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) who will perform critical engineering tasks to develop and maintain the cybersecurity posture of Department of Defense (DoD) information systems. Candidates will work within a team to develop customized technical solutions to unique problems while maintaining program accreditations throughout the system’s lifecycle. Candidates will work on various architectures, classifications, and technologies so a desire to troubleshoot and perform research to identify the cause of issues and potential solutions is important.
Essential Job Functions:
Other Requirements: Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with an active SECRET level clearance.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.