Title: AH64 SME
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a AH64 SME position in Orlando, Florida.
Skillset / Experience:
The position of Subject Matter Expert (SME) operates as a consultant in highly specialized, leading edge information, technologies, and methodologies. This individual’s knowledge and skills are recognized in the professional community as an expert in the field (e.g. military experience, publications, speeches at conferences, research, and teaching). The position requires working independently and reports to a manager.
- Develops requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion in the subject matter area for simple to complex system.
- Assists other team members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Participates as needed in all phases of system development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
- Communicate and discuss project risks with the engineering team.
- Performs a variety of tasks as defined by management.
- Able to travel to customer locations to support contractual commitments including data collection, program reviews, development, installation, integration, and testing.
- Support installation efforts that will require travel CONUS and OCONUS.
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Provides documentation of work and results.
- Manage project tasks against schedules and provides status reports.
- Manages program activities to the program schedule and reports to the Program Manager.
- Keep programs and managers aware of task status.
- Work as part of a project team.
- Implementation and application of sound AVT processes.
- Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
- Support new business development efforts.
- Provide customers with exceptional support.
- Performs detailed analyses and studies, presenting findings and recommendations to upper management in the form of reports or presentations.
- Defines the problems, analyzes and develops plans and requirements in the subject matter area.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems specifications
- Makes recommendations and advises on potential system improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts.
- Provides technical, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for systems in the subject matter area.
- Define, schedule, and perform detailed project tasks to meet the program milestones.
- Develop and conduct technical presentations and demonstrations as required.
- Provide input and support for program reviews to provide status inputs, identify issues, provide technical solutions, and monitor program cost, schedule and risks.
- Lead the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and verification.
- Develop system design, test, and O&M documentation.
- Support installation and test efforts that will require travel CONUS and OCONUS.
- Support special assignments and demonstrations as required.
- At least 11-16 years SME experience in the specific field of expertise required.
- At least four of those years must be where the general experience is concentrated, hands‐on experience in the specific discipline of the field of expertise, specifically:
a. As an AH-64E Pilot In Command (required)
b. As an AH-64E Instructor (preferred)
c. With Link 16 Operations (highly desired)
- Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project) experience required.
Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to an Associate’s or higher degree in an engineering or a related technical field.
Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
* US Government security clearance is required and candidate must be eligible.
* Candidate must be able to obtain a US passport.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.