IT Project Manager
Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
The Project Manager is accountable for the successful management of information technology projects in the Restaurant, Retail, and Hospitality space, including enhancements to existing systems and applications and design and development of new systems. The position’s responsibilities include ensuring proper and timely control and dissemination of all necessary supporting documentation including budgets, project plans, and vendor information in a manner conducive to proper project implementation and successful completion. The position requires the ability to actively engage, coordinate, and manage both clients, vendors, and Information Technology resources to ensure successful project implementation.
- Plans, schedules, and drives for timely completion of IT projects.
- Coordinates with vendors, and monitors their progress.
- Creates timeline and cost presentations for senior leadership.
- Provides overall views of the Application portfolio, with project status, cost, and timelines.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Facilitates technical and non-technical project meetings and decisions, records minutes, documents decisions, and drives timely closure of actions.
- Serves as liaison between team members and management team requesting the project.
- Leads the development, documentation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes.
- Prepares and/or reviews documentation of computer systems and guides decisions about development and testing of these systems, including functional and technical requirements.
- Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with senior leadership and functional managers throughout business areas.
- Creates and maintains project plans for key projects.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charters which outline scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget and timing.
- Track and report on scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timing.
- Communicate with end user, project team and project sponsors/stake holders of project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
- 7+ years of experience managing Information Technology projects
- Working knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- PMI certification a plus
- Experience in change management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people, which includes the upper levels of corporate management
- Self-sufficient, requiring limited supervision over job knowledge, expectations and successful project completion
- Expertise in Excel
- MS Project
- Knowledge of Hospitality and POS applications is much preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills