Associate Security Engineer
Specialty:Network Security Analyst
: Associate Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: Direct Hire
Target Comp: $95k
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: We are seeking an Associate Security Engineer to play a vital role in keeping proprietary and sensitive information secure. This individual is responsible for the technical implementation and ongoing support for security tools such as SIEM, DLP, vulnerability scanning and patch management, endpoint protection, and IAM.
- Detect and prevent cyber intrusion.
- Monitor security systems and respond to intrusions.
- Ensure integrity, security, and confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Administer security tools and capabilities.
- Conduct incident response, from discovery through containment, response through to reporting and post-mortem.
- Manage issues detected through vulnerability scanning and be accountable to drive remediation efforts to resolve these vulnerabilities.
- Prioritize, recommend, and follow up on risk treatment for identified security risks.
- Provide research, evaluation, and expert judgement for product security planning.
- Engage and collaborate with IMAGINE cybersecurity team to identify, prioritize, plan, track, monitor, and report on key cybersecurity initiatives, projects, milestones, deliverables, resources, remediation items, and/or findings through completion.
- Maintain current working knowledge of threats, tactics, and techniques of bad actors and malicious software.
- Identify gaps in security posture and develop the business case for new security capabilities.
- Work independently as well as a member of a team of security experts and IT professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in information security or related IT field.
- Certifications: Network+, Security+, CISSP or other relevant security certifications.
- Expertise with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools, methodologies, and administration.
- Expertise with network-based security tools, vulnerability scanning, and SIEM tools.
- Experience with Incident Response and Forensics processes.
- Experience with host operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac).
- Experience with systems administration (Windows Server, SCCM, JAMF, Active Directory, Virtual).
- Experience with vendor security protocols and procedures for financial services and the banking sector.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, communicating and collaborating with team and cross-functional team members.
- Remains composed and calm under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to balance security concerns and business needs while at the same time being a strong advocate for an appropriate security posture.
- Expertise in IAM (Okta, Ping Identity, Centrify)
- Expertise with Python/Perl or other scripting languages for automation.
- Experience with compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST, SOC 2, etc.).
- Experience with researching, deploying, and supporting information security systems.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build consensus is essential.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to manage business and technical relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work and achieve goals without constant supervision.