Java Applications Support Analyst
Title: Java Applications Support Analyst Location: Charlotte, NC Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Overview: TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have two open opportunities for a Java Applications Support Analyst
Skillset / Experience: Java Applications Support Analyst
About the Role:
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, support and maintenance of critical business applications, written in Java and C#. The candidate must have hands on experience and knowledge of technologies including relational databases and Java/J2EE. Prior experience in development and/or support of financial applications is a plus.
This position primarily covers Java, Unix and SQL applications relating to the Aexeo fund accounting platform, and reports to the AppSupport Manager in the local office
Job Duties in Brief:
- Engineering support of functional and performance issues on a range of applications
- Implementation of changes, scripting, monitoring and scheduling to optimize operations
- Performance analysis and tuning in application servers, database tiers and infrastructure
- Participation and collaboration across groups in the operational support model
- Communicate and prepare written material /documentation.
- 3-5 years professional hands-on experience of full SDLC in Java enterprise application development
- Previous experience with C#/.NET or equivalent
- Prior experience with relational databases (Oracle 10g/11g), including performance optimization
- Experience with debugging and tuning J2EE applications
- Knowledge of logical and physical database design
- CI/CD experience such as Maven, Subversion and Cruise Control, and deployment automation
- Familiarity in working on Windows and Unix-based operating systems
- Knowledge of financial industry
- Experience supporting and operating Cloud environments, e.g. AWS
- Experience of J2EE application servers (WebSphere 6.1+) and IBM RSA RAD
- Delphi experience will be preferred
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund or Financial industry a major plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft XP, UNIX (Solaris, Linux), basic networking
- Excellent listening, questioning and analytic skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate new technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision
- Demands may include additional hours within work environment during non-business hours
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.