Sr. Java Engineer
- The Senior Software Engineer will leverage their experience in the design, coding and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance and modify software systems.
- This individual demonstrates a thorough understanding of software methodologies and latest development environments.
- In addition, this individual will provide leadership to a group of developers and quality assurance engineers on an Agile team.
- Building an IoT solution in big data, the architecture is built around technology principles of being highly-available, high-performing, scalable, and highly secure. Data is transferred in real-time between the IoT devices and back-end system through data streams, message buses, and REST APIs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Design and develop scalable microservices using Spring Boot platform to enhance current and new products.
- Understand the business needs and convert these to software design.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
- Develop and implement sound software development practices.
- Set coding standards and procedures.
- Provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews.
- Provide 24X7 support when required.
- Work in an Agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years application development (or equivalent) experience.
- Desired skills: Groovy, NodeJS, RabbitMQ, Cloud Platforms (AWS EC2), NoSQL / SQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), CSS / HTML / JQuery, Hazelcast
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Ability to be a team player
- Fast paced with significant people interaction.