Hardware, Product Manager
Title: Hardware, Product Manager
Location: Melbourne, FL
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
We are seeking a candidate who will employ a mix of technical and business acumen to effectively vet new solutions and bring solutions to the market, which are driven by market demand. Based on market research, the Product Manager will work across the organization to develop requirements, schedules, plans, and strategies to bring the product to market. During new product development, the Product Manager will create the requirements and participate in development of the new product, providing general oversight and input to the design team relating to business objectives and customer requirements.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should demonstrate the following competencies to consistently perform the essential functions of this position. All employees are expected to adhere to and be knowledgeable of operations standards, established security/safety rules and requirements for attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully:
· Develop product business cases/models.
· Develop product strategies in alignment with corporate strategies.
· Develop and communication of Product Roadmaps
· Manage RFI (Request For Information)/RFP (Request For Proposal) requests.
· Work directly with Marketing to promote product roadmap and milestones.
· Perform Market Research /analysis/development of products.
· Create PRD (Product Requirements Documents).
· Develop pricing analysis and recommendations.
· Work closely with OEM/Dealer networks and Finance to develop Product Forecasting
· Interface with product suppliers, subcontractors and partners.
· Work directly with Sales and Marketing to promote Product offerings.
· Establish Go-To-Market criteria to ensure overall readiness of product including all internal operational support and sales functions.
· Implement and communicate effective End of Life plans
· Medium to heavy travel; will vary depending on business needs.
· Must have at least 5+ years’ experience in aviation product development.
· Experience or direct knowledge of software engineering, satellite communications and avionics development preferred (dependent on specific responsibilities)
· Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
· Must be able to balance multiple projects, change orders, and priorities simultaneously.
· Superior project management and time management skills with a wide degree of creativity and flexibility.
· Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management; advisory skills to senior manager and executives.
· Excellent understanding of the product development on regional, national, and global levels.
· Proficient with general office software including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to adapt to a variety of other software databases.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.