Title: ETL Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: Full Time
Skillset / Experience:
The ETL Developer's role is strategic for the design, implementation, and support of enterprise data initiatives and analyses. This role will be responsible to understand the data in our diverse applications and how they are related in order to streamline the integration of databases, applications, and external partners. This role will also be vital in modeling data structures in our next-generation operational data store, data warehouse and data lake.
Knowledge & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information technology or management information systems and 10+ years related work experience in data analysis and engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience modeling and implementing Data warehouses with Kimball Methodology
· Expertise at querying and manipulating data on multiple platforms
· Experience with Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
· Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI
· Solid grounding in core financial enterprise applications
· Good project management skills and / or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
What You’ll Do:
· Analyze source system data. Understand how they relate. Understand how each system is used by various groups in the organization and how that impacts the life cycle of the data.
· Assess the quality of corporate data. Identify data quality issues in our master and reference data and work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and IT developers to remediate these data problems.
· Document current state of data and data repositories. Build business glossaries and data dictionaries as well as entity diagrams to facilitate data democratization.
· Interview end users to better understand their metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Documenting these definitions and map them to source system data elements.
· Model data structures for reporting and analytical purposes using Kimbal Methodology.
· Create source-2-target mappings between source systems and the newly modeled warehouse. These mappings should explain how data should be transformed to fit the new models.
· Coach and work with ETL developers from a data meaning and transformation requirements perspective. Verify and validate their work.
· Educate IT and business teams on the models created for analytical and transactional purposes
· Deploy self-service data visualization and reporting solutions to end users providing easy access to data
· Maintain BI / analytic solutions in support of business processes. Serve as a fully seasoned and proficient technical resource - should be ready to get into the weeds of the code, analyze and research data problems and discuss technical details with the development / support team
· Support the business partners as they develop their own BI artifacts by helping to find hidden insights and connections within the data
· Conduct at least one internal knowledge sharing workshop every year.
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.