Cyber Security Infrastructure Analyst
Title: Cyber Security Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Cyber Security Infrastructure Analyst in Charlotte, NC.
Skillset / Experience:
The Cyber Security Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the execution of compliance, oversight, and support tasks within the - ITC3 organization. Employees at this level, solve complex problems, manage work, and provide guidance to others in multiple areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work. This position coordinates activities within ITC3 working teams for self-certifications, audit preparation, self-reports, root cause analysis and mitigation plans, among other activities. The successful candidate will be expected to promote knowledge of compliance responsibilities for telecom and cybersecurity (SMEs) and facilitate education, information and training to achieve and sustain compliance success and enhanced grid reliability. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to participate on working groups and task force activities to represent interests and acquire information on best practices that can be implemented within Information Technology and Cybersecurity.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to team members to ensure quality work and improved performance and increased knowledge over time.
• Support IT Compliance interactions with CIP Program Management and compliance teams from other business units; particularly as it relates to enterprise problems and solutions.
• Exhibit a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks for audits, initiatives and other department projects in accordance with prescribed milestones.
• Assist with information/evidence collection and validation.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) reviews and validation reviews of CIP-related implementations (processes, procedures, internal controls) and associated evidence to ensure compliance with NERC CIP cybersecurity policy and with the NERC CIP Standards.
• Implement ongoing Cross-Training of Technical and Process knowledge.
• Provide support internally and externally for any technical issues requiring escalation.
• Plan and schedule daily work to meet established schedules.
• Identify and implement automation opportunities.
• Apply process and controls knowledge to support NERC CIP compliance requirements.
• Ensure that asset/system baselines are created and unauthorized changes are reviewed per IT503 policy.
• Ensures that the appropriate teams are conducting Cyber Vulnerability Assessments - CVAs annually and prior to bringing new devices into NERC CIP scope.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 6 years utility, cyber security, auditing, compliance, regulatory, quality assurance, or related experience OR in lieu of a degree, at least 8 years utility, cyber security, auditing, compliance, regulatory, quality assurance, or related experience.
• Demonstrated strong computer skills, with 8 or more years varied IT experience including areas such as mainframe (MVS), PC/LAN (Windows NT or Windows 2000), client / server, web-based systems, application development, interfaces, databases, data security, e-business, project management, etc.
• Must pass a personnel risk assessment including 7-year background screening and annual required training.
• Ability to conduct challenging conversations in a tactful, professional manner and demonstrate a customer service-oriented attitude always.
• Responds well to supervisors, easy to challenge and develop, and is coachable.
• Models behaviors that promote effective interactions between individuals in a work group and between work groups.
• Demonstrates active-listening skills and puts forth the effort to understand the points of view of others.
• Able to resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight.
• Ability to manage confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
• Exhibits confidence and a proper level of assertiveness when needed; displays maturity in approach and ability to effectively handle stress and frustration.
• Ability to achieve consensus on decisions and communicate with impacted individuals or groups.
· Able to work effectively with broadly defined direction requiring a great degree of judgment; recognizes appropriate times to raise issues and provide status updates.
· Design and Develop ETL programs primarily using Informatica-PowerCenter, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Unix Shell Scripts; however, some SSIS work will be necessary too.
· Performance improvement & tuning of Informatica mappings, SQL, T-SQL & PL/SQL scripts
· Experience and Working Knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop OS, Linux and UNIX Server OS and Storage Area Network Infrastructure
· Working knowledge of security and networking concepts including: firewalls, routers and switches, VPN, encryption, IDS/IPS sensors, SCADA systems and data interfaces to field devices (RTU, PLC, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to absorb change and continue with positive results.
· Experience understanding and evaluating FERC guidelines and NOPRs (Notice of Pending Regulations).
· Experience understanding and evaluating NIST 800 series, ISO/IEC 27001, PCI/DSS, COBIT or similar cybersecurity / control frameworks.
· CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent certification(s).
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.