Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
We are seeking a skilled Senior Data Warehouse Engineer. This position will be part of the Technology Solutions team based in Green Bay, WI. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building data solutions and has an eye for building and optimizing data systems. This role will work closely with our systems architects, data scientist and analysts to help direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization across multiple projects. This person will be well versed in Cloud and advanced analytics technologies and architecture. This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and work across all product service offerings.
- Design and build data processing components and systems utilizing GCP compute technologies.
- Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the company’s data systems and pipeline architecture.
- Design requirement driven data models.
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources.
- Build data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key metrics and customer activity.
- Seek opportunities for greater efficiency to serve the needs of the business.
- Build data pipelines using distributed computing technologies.
- Work closely with data scientists to develop and build data science and analytical products that integrate real time data sources.
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize and store data from a wide range of internal and external sources.
- Build and test CI/CD deployment pipelines for data system components.
What qualities are we looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about data engineering and building data driven products.
- An individual who strives for excellence with a laser focus on team communication and facilitation of ideas.
- An individual with a proactive attitude who works well in a fast-paced team environment.
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with IT and business teams.
- A critical thinker with good problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing. Persistent, active listening skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of project issues.
- An individual that can work both at the strategic level and at the tactical level, holding others accountable while building team rapport and engagement.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar Data Engineer role.
- Deep understanding of distributed data management systems and related applications
- Mastery of data lake design and implementation considerations such as columnar storage formats and partitioning
- Experience building and automating data system components that enable data acquisition, cleansing, and persistence engineering; monitoring the performance of data analysis and system components and versioning of data snapshots, data lineage, schemas, and overall database systems
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies involving git repositories, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Automated analysis optimizations based on performance metrics.
- Strong Python and cloud compute skills.
- Experience with GCP technologies or related Cloud technology experience.
- Experience in the full data engineering life-cycle, from business understanding to building operational systems.
- Understanding and experience navigating all types of database models and DBMS's.
- Must have excellent communication skills and can execute alone but is an awesome team player.
- Big picture approach a plus - able to incorporate business understanding into design and approach to achieve current value and prepare for future benefit.
- Consulting experience a plus - role includes client-facing meetings and communication.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, influencing and communication skills.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with analytics tools such as Apache Beam, Spark, JupyterLab, etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Terrraform, and Airflow.