Title: Cloud Architect
Location: Charlotte NC
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Cloud Architect in Charlotte NC
Cloud Software Architect
About the Role:
- Cloud Software Engineer to support deployment of applications to AWS Public Cloud by providing documented topology, sizing, technology used, and configurations. As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will be part of a culture of innovation where you’ll use AWSAzure services to help team solve business challenges such as rapidly releasing products/services to the market or building an elastic, scalable, cost optimized application. You will have the opportunity to shape and execute a strategy to build knowledge and broaden use of public cloud in a dynamic professional environment.
- As such, Senior System or Software Engineer with scripting skills and public cloud knowledge are welcome to apply for this position.
Job Duties in Brief:
- This position also is responsible for standardizing the detailed usage of AWS services (S3, EC2, beanstalk, RDS, Route53, IAM policies, CloudFormation, CloudWatch) by researching best practices and prototyping concepts. Helps identify and maintain shared artifacts across enterprise.
- Define standards and guidelines for AWS services (reference topologies, configurations, deployment, IAM policies, and cloud formations scripts) by researching best practices. Build prototypes to validate best practices and configurations.
- Proactive research of new features on existing services and new services to provide more efficient, secure and cost effective architecture solutions.
- Help improve the AWS cloud datacenter governance processes based on best practices and guidelines.
- Participate in the development lifecycle of product teams and help identify shared components.
- Develop and maintain shared enterprise artifacts.
- Socialize AWS services as part of standardization exercise. Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to internal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years of information technology background. Minimum of 2 to 4 years of strong cloud implementation or consulting experience.
- Experience with infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
- Good understanding of core Public cloud services categories (Compute, Network, Storage, IAM,PaaS, SaaS offerings)
- Understanding of auto-scalability and high-availability concepts on Cloud environments
- Container and Container Management frameworks. (for e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Strong documentation skills (diagrams, matrices, writing)
- Any formal Cloud based training and any industry cloud related industry accredited certification is a plus.
- Experience with “on-premise to cloud” migrations or IT transformations or Architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Being a technical resource for teams on problems/patterns/architectures (current and emerging)
- Communicating wider organizational context to teams and connecting teams in collaborative environments, like Spotify’s guilds
- Promoting (but not mandating) consistency of approach to common problems
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer