Sr Manufacturing Engineer- Injection Molding
Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding
Duration: Direct Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding in Charlotte, NC.
Skillset / Experience:
• Work with mold manufacturers in the design of new tooling and modification of existing tooling in order to ensure process capabilities, improve part cost and quality
• Identify areas of improvement in cavitation, material usage, logistics, and operational effectiveness
• Understand supplier capabilities and execute supplier oversight activities, which may include phone assessments, surveys, quality reviews, and supplier corrective action reconciliation.
• Facilitate molding sub-contractor qualification and on-going tooling start-ups and validations
• Responsible for supporting transition and re-qualification of molds between internal molding operations and suppliers
• Assist sites as needed with trouble shooting of process & tooling issues
• Knowledge of plastics processing, plastics assembly and work cell design, tooling design and maintenance.
• Project Management experience and understanding.
• Capital project management
• Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing application
• Hands on processing experience adjusting injection molding machines processes. Ability to set-up and run injection molding machines with no direction required.
• Working knowledge of problem-solving techniques (process map, risk assessment, cause and effect diagrams, Pareto analysis, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
• Prefer Plastics Engineering
• 7+ years’ experience in an engineering position related to plastics processing and injection molding.
• Ability to travel 60% to support multiple locations – domestic and international
• Automation technology experience preferred
• Experience with secondary operations (hot stamping, heat transfer, pad printing, in-mold labeling, insert molding, heat-staking or ultrasonic welding) for plastic parts preferred
• Injection molding part/mold design experience desirable
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.