Title: Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Location: Towson, MD
Duration: Direct Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter in Towson, MD.
Skillset / Experience:
Client is currently seeking
candidates for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter based in Towson, MD.
- Expected to create and modify working models of new product concepts using 3D CAD software (CATIA)
- Create 2D drawings and possess an understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Expected to create and maintain drawings and bill of materials in product lifecycle management system (Windchill).
- Create wire up assemblies and packaging enclosure for power tool controls.
- Conduct simple mechanical tests in laboratory when required.
- Work with model shop and outside suppliers to have prototype parts fabricated, inspected, and built into working assemblies.
- 2 year vocational-technical training degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design position.
- Experience using product lifecycle management software.
- Demonstrated experience designing parts, assemblies and drawings utilizing CAD (CATIA V5 preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment and able to self-delegate tasks from several engineers.
- Demonstrated hands-on problem-solving skills and can-do attitude. Able to independently build and modify product assemblies and prototypes. Self-motivated, results and goals oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially excel
- Basic understanding of power tools, motors, mechanical principals, battery design and electronics technology is a plus.
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.