Title: Senior Designer
Location: Towson, MD
Duration: Direct Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Designer in Towson, MD.
Skillset / Experience:
You’re a strong problem solver who loves digging into the details to fully understand what is going on. You understand how to turn concepts into 3D CAD models. You have a strong understand of design documentation standards and can apply them to new components and sub-assemblies. You have fixed a lot of problems, so you know how sort out what is meaningful and what is not to be as efficient as possible. You are looking for a role where you can make an immediate and lasting impact. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You want to work on a project where you can see the fruits of your labor come to life and enjoy seeing the finished product on the shelves of major retailers around the globe.
You also have:
· Two year degree in Engineering technology or applied science or CADD degree from trade school
· Ability to generate 3D models, including design layouts of multiple parts
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to generate/evaluate creative ideas
· Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills, Hands on abilities
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong understanding of core manufacturing processes - injection molding, die casting, machining, gearing, sheet metal, forgings, powdered metal, stampings, etc.
· Strong knowledge of 2D drawings, GD&T and tolerance stackups
· Ability to use Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Self motivated, results & goal oriented
As a Senior Designer, you’ll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD. Specifically, you’ll:
· Execute product design of power tools as part of a product development team
· Develop and refine concepts, prototype and/or specifications to solve given challenges
· Create parts of moderate complexity using 3D CAD system
· Create drawings using CAD system
· Apply GD&T to 2D Drawing
· Create sub-assemblies and unit layouts using CAD
· Create BOM structure using Windchill PDM system
· Write and manage Engineering changes using Windchill PDM system
· Understand and apply simple calculations (Stackup analysis, Spring Design, Press fits).
· Effectively maintains appropriate documentation for work performed
· Capture and analyze data (current, voltage, speed, etc)
· Communicate clearly to team members technical concepts and ideas
· Work effectively with engineering team to achieve effective design solutions
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.