Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: Louisville, KY
Duration: Direct Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Reliability Engineer in Louisville, KY.
Skillset / Experience:
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing and executing reliability within the plant. You will be a site technical resource for Reliability issues relating specifically to mechanical systems reporting to the Reliability Manager. In this role, you will use Reliability skills and tools to determine opportunities, implement improvements, and reduce maintenance costs while maintaining EHS compliance and establishing a safety conscious atmosphere.
· Analyses using scientific methods to determine reliability of mechanical components, equipment, and processes
· Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements
· Use of predictive maintenance technologies such as infrared thermography, ultrasound, oil analysis, root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and mean time between failure (MTBF), etc
· Use results of RCFA MTBF, and other reliability analysis tools, and studies to develop recommendations for maintenance improvements that maximize equipment availability, life expectancy, and drive out maintenance costs
· Upholds EHSA department to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance at all times
· Execute, implement, monitor, and maintain processes that enhance manufacturing efficiency and maximize plant productivity
· Execute, implement, and maintain tools and programs such as infrared analysis, oil analysis, lube routes and calibration
· Implement effective techniques to monitor process systems to ensure high rate of effective run time and to define abnormal operating conditions
· Implement and maintain process for continuous improvement and cost reduction in maintenance and project execution across the site
· Work closely with Reliability Manager, Maintenance and Engineering Managers, Plant Engineers and Operations to monitor operation of plant equipment and systems to ensure conformance with operational standards
· Performs Management of Change reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes. Applies engineering technology to improve safety and environmental related issues
· Meets periodically with maintenance, production and maintenance planning/scheduling managers to review lost time from production based on equipment failure----determines plan for remediation
· Identifies current and future maintenance opportunities by establishing rapport with operations, engineering, maintenance and other members of management
· Helps to develop SOPs and train maintenance and operators on SOPs
· Works with maintenance managers to develop skills matrix of hourly workers based on assessed skills and training
· Work with managers, maintenance, and operators to develop initial critical spares list for equipment
· Proactive professional development expected in related areas through seminars, conferences, and formal training
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree a must with Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience working on a reliability team or in mechanical systems maintenance related field
· Knowledge of State/Federal EPA and OSHA compliance requirements, National Electric Code (NEC), and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
· Knowledge of national and local codes, and standards (i.e. API, ASME, ASNT, ANSI standards in relation to all areas of machinery inspection and repair)
· Reliability certifications would be a major plus.
· Ability to manage and run special projects as needed.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.