Title: Project Estimator
Location: Livonia, MI
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: 70,000 to 95,000- DOE
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for
Skillset / Experience:
Responsible to manage the teams and processes necessary to develop the sale of Controls projects to the ultimate satisfaction of the customer. The Controls Project Developer is responsible for Acquisition Support and development of Design-Build, Plan and Spec Controls projects, and scope development and pricing for customers. This position requires mastery of acquisition, technical aptitude and project management skills closely interacting with the Account Managers, contractors, and control vendors to ensure timely completion of a detailed cost estimate.
- Responsible for creating cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of controls/construction industry to analyze project needs and compiles detailed cost estimates.
- Responsible for the take-off and pricing of controls materials to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
- Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
- Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials/services.
- Coordinates controls equipment discounts with regional BAS Manager.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
- Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
- Creates detailed cost estimates including controller sizing charts, electrical estimates, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, points list, and system riser/sketches.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management preferred.
- Minimum of 5 plus years of relative experience
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.