Application Development Manager
: Application Development Manager
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Duration: Direct Hire - FTE
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: As the Manager of Application Development, you will be responsible for leading, directing and managing the day to day development and support activities related to proprietary application suite. You will manage all the operational aspects of the development and support teams to ensure the production applications meet business service level agreements and project tasks are delivered on time and on budget.
In this role, you will provide administrative, technical, and people leadership for multiple, diverse, and geographically distributed teams. You are responsible for providing feedback to your team and individuals on their performances. You will also coach and guide them to enable future success.
- Manage a team of software developers; including goal setting, performance feedback/reviews and work assignments.
- Manage projects in both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ensure that project and initiative design, coding and unit testing tasks are planned and completed on time
- Define and implement standard operating procedures, templates and set standards for the development support for all custom development activities.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and engage in problem solving based on organization priorities.
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Technical Leads and Management and Project Managers to design, develop and document technical solutions that are applicable to company applications.
- Ensure that the development staff are following the best practices of coding standards and producing high quality code.
- Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices.
- Ensure that all the development projects and applications are fully documented, meet high level design requirements and regulatory industry standards (For Example, Data, Customer Experience, Architecture, Security, Quality & Operations)
- Manage the maintenance and bug fix development cycles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science strongly preferred, or a related discipline with at least 8 years of experience.
- 5+ years of applications development management experience.
- Experience in managing or developing cloud based applications.
- 3+ years of Scrum/Agile experience.
- A solid background in maintaining and developing applications from conception to implementation.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to details and ability to clearly communicate and share the solutions with the team.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage onshore/offshore development staff that ranges from Junior to Senior level.
- DevOps experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise a team of Developers.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from around 8 am to 5 pm depending on the needs of the business. Depending on system needs and emergencies, the manager may be called in on weekends and overnight hours on occasion.