General Counsel / Compliance Officer
: General Counsel / Compliance Officer
Location: Miramar, FL (Onsite Hybrid Schedule)
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $150,000 to $250,000 Annually
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a General Counsel / Compliance Officer.
- 3 years of in-house and/or law firm experience.
- JD with a strong academic background.
- Member of a state bar.
- Experience and understanding of relationships between in-house and external counsel, including experience in managing such relationships.
- Experience with general corporate and employment law, health care, and litigation.
- Significant experience successfully managing clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized
- Business acumen
- The General Counsel/Compliance Officer will report to the President and the Compliance Committee.
- The role will manage the Company’s legal function to include a broad range of commercial, compliance and transactional legal matters supporting all areas of our business.
- Managing, drafting and, when necessary, negotiating various contracts, including payer agreements, non-disclosure, acquisition and utilization of market data arrangements, and other agreements related to the operation of our business.
- Providing support to business teams on legal matters.
- Managing intellectual property and contract due diligence investigations for M&A transactions and negotiating related IP representations and warranties.
- Assisting and advising on strategic matters related to potential legal and/or regulatory implications.
- Managing the utilization of outside counsel as the primary point of contact for all such outside legal engagements.
- Providing other related legal services as required to meet the strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Developing, initiating, maintaining, disseminating, educating and revising the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures for general operations, as required by federal, state and regulatory governing bodies.
- Collaborating with organization administration, legal counsel and other related parties to respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures and conducting same.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance, privacy or security vulnerability and risk; developing and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Serving as the liaison with the state and federal regulatory bodies, in collaboration with legal counsel, the CEO, including the Department of Health and Human Service, Office for Civil Rights, Office of Inspector General, and Office of National Coordinator for Health Information, as well as other governmental agencies in regards to compliance matters.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay, 401K
· Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.