Title: QA Manager
Location: Doral, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $90,000 - $110,000 Salary
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in US.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a QA Manager.
Our client is an international supplier of commercial jet items such as aircraft, engines materials, and OEM material. They also offer services which include maintenance, repair & overhaul and engineering services to passenger and cargo airlines, government entities, leasing companies, multinational OEMs and independent MROs. Their strict adherence to quality and standard has provided them with wide recognition from the aviation industry’s governing bodies, which includes FAA, EASA, ASA, and ISO accreditations. Their customer also receives high-quality parts that surpass services and attention, as well as an unparalleled certification that traces the documentation for every asset transaction.
- Coordinate and establish effective implementation of the Quality Policy, Quality Management System (QMS) and objectives built around regulatory requirement FAA-PMA, ISO-9001/AS9100.
- Identifying deficiencies or gaps in manufacturing and testing activities. Develop solutions to ensure adequate and robust quality processes and controls are in place.
- Responsible and authority for the QMS.
- Create and maintain quality procedures (QP’s) and quality departmental work instructions
- Lead on matters concerning the development, maintenance, and monitoring of effectiveness of the QMS and QP’s.
- Optimize processes to ensure compliance with existing and new regulatory requirements.
- Internal audit planning and management
- Is the main point of contact with customer and vendor quality matters
- Provide audit compliance expertise to internal and external customers and identify compliance gaps or risks to management.
- Lead respective QA teams while being responsible for verification that products and services have successfully met customer requirements.
- Drive cross functional teams towards meeting site targets with customers’ quality targets and requirements.
- Train Quality Staff
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence/ recurrence of product non-conformity and system deficiency.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Six (6) years of hands-on product quality working experience in a military and/or a Class 2-3 electro-mechanical contract manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate independence and good technical problem-solving skills while working with cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in establishing, leading and managing an effective quality department.
- ASQ background with certifications.
- Good knowledge of Quality Systems within a Military, FAA and EASA regulated environment.
- Understanding FAA-PMA Title 14 CFR Part 21 code of Federal Regulations regarding implementation within QMS.
- Past exposure with Military Specifications; MIL-I-45208, MIL-STD-2000, MIL-HDBK-454.
- Understanding and usage: Acceptance sampling plan, SPC, MSA, FMEA, 7 QC tools.
- Statistical analysis for problem solving.
- Familiar, knowledge and/or experience with J-STD-001, WHMA-A-620 acceptability requirements, NASA, weapons specifications, military specifications/requirements.
- Contract review
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in English. Able to communicate effectively with customers and company corporate members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings and follow management plans.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical components as well as common manufacturing processes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions, inspection criteria, and engineering drawings that are in English.
- Mathematical and statistical skills
- ASQ certifications a plus
- More than proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Adobe Acrobat.
- Physical Requirements:
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting at workstations, walking and standing.
- Must be able to use hands and arms for repetitive movements, such as movement of wrists, hands, fingers while typing.
- May occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 20lbs
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.