As Graphic Designer you will be responsible for working closely with a creative staff in the consistent development and success of an award-winning Creative Sport fishing and Marine-centric Lifestyle Apparel and Graphics business. The business primarily creates products in retail, wholesale and creative services environments. Task requirements include but are not limited to design, concept and layout for branded and custom apparel, direct mail programs, catalog development, digital marketing/online advertising, internal website promotions, large format graphics, social media imagery support, POP merchandising, email marketing and overall management of the company’s visual brand identity. General web development understanding, and capabilities are preferred, but not required. Working with the social media team to provide imagery will be required, but overall management and execution of social media platforms will not. This is a role that requires coordination and collaboration with team members in a high-volume workflow environment in order to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (includes, but are not limited to):
· Ability to perform and master intermediate to advanced graphic design principles
· Ability to manage and maintain a high-volume workflow
· Follow and adhere to creative direction
· Update, maintain and manage ongoing internal design files
· Update, maintain and manage folder organizational files and systems
· Update, maintain and manage the company’s visual brand identity
SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES (includes, but are not limited to):
· Excellent design skills for apparel, print and web media
· Ability to work on a PC or Mac based platform
· Experience using (CC) Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
· Experience using Microsoft Office
· Experience working in an apparel production, prepress printing or a related business is preferred but not required.
· Ability to directly assist the team with new creative initiatives and projects
· Excellent interpersonal skills to portray confidence and excitement in order to lead by example
· Excellent verbal, written, and phone communication skills
· Ability to work independently under pressure and as a member of a team
· Ability to display strong organizational skills in order to simultaneously assist the staff with multiple priorities
· Ability to consistently achieve superior results working in a fast-paced environment and under the pressure of tight time requirements
· Minimum Associates Degree in Graphic Design related studies
· Experience: 3-5 years in relative creative environments