Profession:Sales & Marketing
Title: Project Manager Location: Miramar, FL Duration: 6 months Compensation: Up to $55.00 per hour Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Overview: TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager in Miramar, FL.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to execute project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead a team in the successful completion of projected related activities per an approved plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
- Strong analytical and problem solving/decision making skills
- 5+ years IT work experience
- 3+ years managing projects
- Experience managing large, complex projects across multiple functions is preferred
- Experience managing and mentoring project management staff
- Experience successfully coordinating business and technical resources under an integrated project plan to ensure the alignment of resources
- Proficiency with MS Project and other Project Management tools
- Capability to understand Company's application portfolio as well as how the different systems contribute to daily business operations
- The Project Manager drives the end-to-end delivery of strategic projects that are approved and funded.
- The position guides complex projects from inception through delivery and support, working in close partnership with IT and business leaders, including project, program, and executive sponsors, all IT groups, as well as other leaders within the business and IT.
- This role is also in charge of defining objectives, creating plans to achieve objectives, tracking progress against objectives and budgets, driving execution of key projects and programs, coaching project team members and improving project management processes.
- This individual provides overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- The Project Manager establishes new and improves existing project management processes and methodologies for Company's IT organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Provide strategic input to IT leadership and other Company's leadership on all aspects of projects or programs being managed
- Thought leader within the IT organization in helping stream-line and standardize key business processes across Company's business divisions and functions
- Work with business leadership to document a clear vision of a business problem or opportunity being addressed with IT services, and how it supports the business plan
- Incorporate best practices into IT organization, beginning with project / program management practices
- Successfully manage and execute projects on schedule and on budget
- Accountable for in-scope, on-schedule, on-budget and high quality delivery of all IT programs and projects in the accountable portfolio
- Follows and exemplifies consistent project management practices, processes and metrics
- Develop clear, business language presentations for business senior leadership to support swift decision making and issue resolution when needed
- Maintains, socializes and enforces the overall project management lifecycle for Company
- Work with the VP IT, IT leaders and other company executives on key decision-making activities during project execution as needed
Building Capabilities: 20%
- Mentoring, coaching, developing & encouraging excellence from IT teams
- Retooling personal skills and knowledge
- Retool and continually upgrade personal skills and knowledge of both Company's business and cutting edge information technology solutions
- Continually upgrade and enhance knowledge of leading best practices in program / project management and provide a key source of expertise when needed
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.