Sr. Data Center Network Engineer
Specialty:Data Center Technician
Title: Sr. Data Center Network Engineer
Work Requirements: US Citizen
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Data Center Network Engineer.
- Remote Sr. Data Center Network Engineer displays very high proficiency in routing protocols, troubleshooting and attention to detail. Mentoring and leading other engineers. Given the freedom to innovate, you seek new and better ways of doing things. You love to mentor others because you know a stronger team means everybody wins. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference and build a team, talk to us.
- Provide deployment engineering expertise and hands-on support inclusive of architectural, design, integration and support the initial implementation, installation, configuration, and ongoing change support for network solutions across various products and service offerings.
- Come be a part of a team working and supporting data centers and remote offices within one of the world's largest financial networks. You need to have a desire to learn why as much as how. Attention to detail sets you apart from others. You have not reached your peak but are on your way.
- Provide post-sales engineering implementation services for network solutions across various products and service offerings such as requirement definitions and implementation plans, end to end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
- Proactively assess solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements, and recommend solution changes that optimize value for both the client and organization.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external clients detailing system designs and configuration of deployed solutions.
- Ability to coordinate remotely with Smart Hands and Project Managers to complete the activity with clear communication and coordination
- Develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with clients, infrastructure vendors such as ISPs and Carrier Services, software & hardware vendors and related key contributors to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
- Provide a technical overview of product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, service delivery and integration with enterprise applications.
- Continuously expand research and leverage knowledge of the market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant analytics.
- Continuously develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through various learning channels to expand technical and non-technical capabilities. Ensure further expansion of skill-set in the operating systems, networking infrastructure and products & services that the company supports.
- Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
- Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for deployment engineering to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
- Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations. Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
- Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
- Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute deployment engineering functions and company priorities.
- Utilize escalation and exception paths, processes and systems to report current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one’s own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in the organization’s success.
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one’s own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
- Business Acumen - Interprets situations and events from a business standpoint in order to make decisions that are consistent and congruent with the organization's strategic direction and goals. Demonstrates the ability to use technology to enhance decision making, and provide cost-effective organizational and management tools. Aligns policies for a consistent and united business approach. Increases cooperation and communications between departments.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms. Resolves key issues behind major problems in the short term while developing and executing long term solutions. Has a strong record for making decisions that are correct and accurate. Applies strategies to implement effective decision making during crises.
- Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years with engineering deployment responsibilities involving complex client requirements assessments, solutions designs and implementation within the technology services industry.
- Cisco or Arista experience required
- Valid Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Valid Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Ability to work within Change Management process/procedures and the ability to understand the requirements to compile documents with existing standards. The ability to gather requirements from the end user. Merge with existing standards within specified timeframes.
- Previous post-sales engineering experience with network solutions including requirement definitions and implementation plans, end-to-end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
- ACE or related certifications preferred.
- Working within a production Data Center environment including experience directly managing routers, switches, firewalls, global and local load balancing, DMZ and a good understanding of DDI.
- A proficient networking skillset within industry-standard networking technologies and infrastructures including cabling, LAN and WAN. Extensive routing experience with routing protocols including but not limited to a thorough understanding of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, route subnetting and route aggregation techniques. Demonstrable switching experience and knowledge with datacenter switching, including but not limited to Nexus product line, Spine and leaf architecture, Cisco ACI, Arista CLOS.
- End-to-end process thinker, with proven experience in business processes and workflow design.
- Excellent problem solving and systems analysis skills with demonstrated success in root cause analysis, effectiveness measurements and related documentation.
- Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging your knowledge of technology, market and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending and implementing best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively across all functional groups to optimize product & service offerings, fostering a seamless internal and external client experience and track record of timely and accurate issue resolution.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, service delivery management tools and related cloud based technology systems.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.