Rack and Stack tech with Cisco VIOP Phone Experience
Specialty:Data Center Technician
Title: Rack and Stack tech with Cisco VIOP Phone Experience
Location: Chandler, AZ
Work Requirements: US Citizen
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Rack and Stack tech with Cisco VIOP Phone Experience.
- Company is the global leader in communication system integration, is looking for a Network Technician with a proven track record in:
- Racking and stacking of network devices
- Cable patching
- Physical layer troubleshooting
- Equipment disposal activities
- Network troubleshooting
- The patching cabling between network equipment and customer’s network
- The installation of power cables from equipment to power supply in rack/cabinet/closet
- The installation, troubleshooting and de-installing network equipment
- Install/swap out devices (e.g., phone, computers, cables, boards, edge routers, switches and etc.)
- Install, troubleshoot, and de-install Network monitoring tools
- Complete all hard and complex Move, Add Change (MAC) requests within the defined service levels
- Act as interface between customer’s associates and management
- Provide hardware break-fix services for network infrastructure
- Perform onsite call-through, data, voice, website and security testing
- Perform back-up testing to ensure all systems are connected to the customer’s network as directed
- Support carrier testing of circuits
- Assist with facilities efforts
- Power and uninterruptable power supply (UPS) restoral
- Water problems,
- Emergency cooling restoration,
- Fire suppression exercises, restoration, and post fire events
- Support inventory management activities
- Receiving inventory
- Tagging of assets
- Tracking spares (crash kits)
- Ordering inventory
- Updating inventory records
- Prepare and return damaged equipment
- Act as an interface, as needed, between associates at the applicable location and centralized project / operations / MAC management
- Coordination services will be provided 24x7; Coordinate with and support other third party vendors (e.g., telecommunications, wiring, distributed antenna solutions, WAN/LAN management) in compliance with customer’s requirements.
- Requires appropriate equipment and training with high speed fiber optic transport
- The ability to clean high speed single mode optical connections
- The ability to measure, transmit and receive on high speed optics
- The knowledge and experience to work safely with high speed single mode long range optical lasers
- Must be proficient in utilizing technical tools such as Sniffers, BERT testers, cable testers, and fiber testers.
- Requires experience in working in a data centers and communications closets
- Must be able to perform rack and stack activities
- Must be able to safely lift heavy objects
- Must understand cable patching processes and procedures
- Must have a basic knowledge of data communications networking.
- Must be able to assist in troubleshooting issues
- Must understand network terminology
- Must be willing to work shift work which includes nights and weekends.
- Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data communications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a basic knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Must have a basic knowledge of local and wide area networking.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.