Infrastructure Operations Sr. Specialist
Specialty:Central Office Engineering/Design
Title: Infrastructure Operations Sr. Specialist
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 12 month contract
Compensation: $45 per hour (DOE)
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an Infrastructure Operations Sr. Specialist
Skillset / Experience:
JOB SUMMARY: The Infrastructure Operations Sr. Specialist (IOSS) is responsible for developing the standards of client’s Critical Environments infrastructure and management of new infrastructure build out projects. The IOSS will be expected to be able to provide answers and make decisions at the site, at time of question for any matters that are within IO scope; these decisions should be based on experience, training and IO standards and will have a direct impact on the project, budget, infrastructure, and/or business. The IOSS will be regarded as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for space, power, cooling, cabling, security, standards and other miscellaneous areas as it pertains to Data Center, MDF/IDF/SIDF, campus fiber ring, and other areas that contain UPT infrastructure.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
- Experience and knowledge of Mission Critical Data Center Facility maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Experience with code enforcement or compliance, understanding general building terms and processes
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc..
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, Autocad is a plus
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. Other: Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CET/CEM - preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ Years:
- Working in Data Center environments.
- Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
- Planning and installation of data center racks, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and equipment
Our benefits package includes: Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.