Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Duration: 6 months
Compensation: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Writer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
3-5 years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software and graphic packages.
Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of IT documentation.Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concisedocumentsappropriate for various targetaudiences.Works with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support to produce a wide variety of technicalpublications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like for use by both the IT and the business community.
- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information,preparewritten text, andcoordinatelayout and materialorganization. Researchers information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques and edits documentation including design documents, programmernotesand system overviews.
- Requires knowledge of company product lines and document structure. Depending on the industry/work environment, such documents may include various media,includingwritten and video.
- Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library,providingand/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.