DBA- SQL & ORACLE
Specialty:SQL Server DBA
DBA- SQL & ORACLE
Location: Sunrise, FL
Duration: 6 months+
Compensation: $65.00 to $70.00 hourly
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a DBA- SQL & ORACLE.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working with SQL Server as a database administrator.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with large, complex databases in a mid-to-large size enterprise environment.
• MCSE Certification a plus.
• Experience working with SQL Server Integration Services and Reporting Services.
• Familiarity with other database technologies - Oracle .
• Experience deploying database/schema changes to production environments.
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Excellent communication skills a must.
• Experience in database recovery.
• Database capacity planning skills.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to multi-task effectively between different activities and teams.
• Experience with Failover Clustering, High Availability Groups and Disaster Recovery.
• Ability to provide 24x7 support.
• Flexible, team player, “Get-it-done” personality.
• The qualified candidate must be able to work independently and provide technical leadership to other team members.
• Support multiple databases in both clustered and non-clustered environments.
• The individual must be able to provide production support for mission-critical systems as well as support development teams during the application development lifecycle.
• The individual will also serve as the primary point of contact for coordination and resolution of SQL Server issues with Microsoft.
• The position is in the database administration team within the operations group but has strong interface requirements with the application development groups throughout the company.
• Support the development, implementation and daily administration of SQL Server databases
• Recommend and maintain SQL Server configurations for both production and development environments.
• Recommend and implement database standards for naming conventions, maintenance procedures, high availability, database integration and database backup/restore procedures.
• Install and configure new SQL Servers
• Perform backup, recovery and archival tasks on databases management systems.
• Develop SQL Server replication and ETL processing in support of reporting and Disaster Recovery
• Review new SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, functions, views for potential performance issues
• Work with the application teams and 3rd party vendors to monitor all SQL databases and provide tuning recommendations as needed.
• Assist in the resolution of issues related to database applications.
• Deploy SQL Server upgrades and service packs.
• Develop migration strategy for migrating all applications to newer versions of SQL Server.
• Work with Microsoft and other vendors as needed.
• Perform all routine scheduled SQL Server and database maintenance.
• Develop simple database tools for use by first and second level support personnel.
• The job requires some weekend and night work as needed.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.