Title: QA Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a QA Analyst in Charlotte, NC.
Skillset / Experience:
The Mid to Senior Level Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The Senior QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
· Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
· Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
· Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
· Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, UAT and acceptance testing methods.
· Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
· Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
· Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
· Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
· Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
· Independently able to Work closely with Business and third-party Vendors.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
· 7 to 10 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
· 3 years direct experience as a senior tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
· Experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Web, Java, HTML, CRM and Client/server applications.
· Experience with ERP Application like PeopleSoft HR would be Plus.
· Experience in using Jira, Quality Center or any other Test Management tool.
· Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
· Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
· Proven data analysis, data verification, and able to query multiple tables.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Individually contribute to QS team by building strategical relationship with Business partners and Service owners.
· Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
· Physically able to participate in meetings, training sessions and presentations.
· Occasional travel between different locations with the county.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.