API Test Engineer
Title: API Test Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Compensation: $58 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a API Developer in Charlotte, NC
API Test Engineer
The role of API Test Engineer is an all-encompassing role for developing automated test scripts to cover the whole gamut of API testing. This individual should be able to implement shift-left test disciplines and practices within sprint teams that align to the organizational goals as we modernize the current platform. Ideally this candidate should have working knowledge and experience developing the following types of testing scenarios:
• Usability Testing
• Integration Level Testing
• Process testing
• Functional testing
• Security testing
• Load testing
• Negative testing
• Discovery testing
• Validation testing
• Contract Based Testing
• Component Testing
• Scenario Testing
• 5+ years experience developing automated tests for APIs and REST based services
• Experience working in AWS and with Rest Services
• Proficient in writing and automating API tests using Swagger, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter or similar
• Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject.
• Build test scripts and place into CI tool for sprint and regression testing
• Coordinate and lead load and performance testing activities
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting field issues and tracking them to resolution
• Extensive knowledge of creating and leveraging mocks, stubs, and virtual services to fulfill test automation requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of White Box Testing practices.
• Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts (CI & CD), and test suite development and maintenance.
• Experienced with the following technologies: BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, uDeploy.
• Ability to understand detailed design documents and assist partners with integration
• Structured problem solving skills, troubleshooting, and communication skills
• Well balanced written and verbal communication
• Working knowledge of Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.