Title: Software Engineer
Location: State College, PA
Duration: 6 Months
Compensation: $40.00 to $60.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Software Engineer.
- Develops software programs and embedded firmware for electronic hardware products
- Develops, debugs, and tests software programs and embedded firmware for products or systems.
- Reviews customer documentation and develops software/firmware based on customer specifications.
- Must have experience programming in C or C++ with strong emphasis on interfacing with embedded electronics (sensors, relay and solid-state switch control schemes, etc.).
- Comfortable working in a PC-based Integrated Development Environments such as CodeWarrior and MPLAB.
- Strong preference for knowledge of and experience with programming and troubleshooting the following network protocols/electrical interfaces: HTTP, Serial (UART/RS-232), SNMPv2/SNMPv3, SNTP, Telnet, SPI/I2C, USB (e.g., WinUSB)
- Preference for knowledge of Ethernet communication in general, TCP/IP and UDP, including use of programs such as “Wireshark” to analyze network traffic.
- Strong preference for experience with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, especially NXP (Freescale) Coldfire and ARM Cortex; as well as PIC16/PIC18 microcontrollers.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor of Computer Science Degree OR Electrical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science or equivalent Experience: 5 or more years
- Develops software programs and embedded firmware for products or systems. Modifies or enhances existing products to meet customer specifications and internal cost quality measures. Responds to customer technical problems. Documents software programs and keeps software code re-use and mapping libraries up to date.
- Develops, debugs, and tests software programs and embedded firmware for products or systems. Reviews customer documentation and develops software/firmware based on customer specifications. Works with process engineering and manufacturing to create new process or solve existing process problem Responsible for compiling and final integration of product or system software and firmware. Updates documents and/or libraries to reflect product software/firmware change. Follows through new product qualifications and supports the product design team to provide products to customers. Performs other designs, process or production related tasks as required by supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
- The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interfaces with development and design engineers on product specifications and materials. Maintains knowledge of pertinent computer systems hardware and software. Provide user training and support where appropriate Ability to work with detail and accuracy while handling multiple concurrent projects, including occasional unscheduled manufacturing assistance.
- Experience Type: Software or embedded systems development
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.