Lead Embedded Software Engineer, Sensors and Displays
Title: Lead Embedded Software Engineer, Sensors and Displays
Location: Plantation, FL
Duration: 6 Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Embedded Software Engineer, Sensors and Displays
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development
- Fluent in the C language
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux and other micro kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Experience in writing drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Experience with using jtag debuggers, logic analyzers and other debuggers
- Experience in designing and implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware and other software modules
- Must be a good communicator and self-motivated to complete projects, and enjoy hw-sw debugging
- 2-4 years Experience with real-time and time-critical systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bringup and debugging a plus
- Experience with embedded databases or interprocessor communication layers is a plus
- Factory testing process experience is a plus
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
- Architect, Design, Implement, Debug HW-SW drivers for the Platform, including but not limited to writing device drivers for memory (flash and DDR), SPI, I2C, and GPIO drivers. Architecture, Design will include writing the driver input/output details, peripheral usage, and memory usage details. Implement will be done to meet product ship acceptance timelines.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner, and may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Part of team to deliver full Platform SW to rest of SW team, this includes writing drivers for all needed hw peripherals, writing the sw to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization, and platform initialization).
- May have to travel to factory to debug HW-SW issues onsite in order to build hardware with quality and deliver units on time to various other teams.
- Work with other teams: HW, apps SW, middleware SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing issues, and performance issues.
- Write detailed reports on the problem statement and how it was solved to be used as reference for future issues.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.