Simulation 3D Modeler
Title: Simulation 3D Modeler
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Compensation: $30/hr with a salary conversion of $60k
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Simulation 3D Modeler
Skillset / Experience:
Looking specifically for someone with Presagis Creator experience.
The position of Simulation 3D Modeler requires the individual to be involved in the full life cycle (analysis, design, development, installation and delivery) of 3D models and terrain environments for simulation/gaming applications. This position requires extensive design, modeling, and development on various 3-D modeling and terrain generation tools for image generation and gaming systems. The position requires working independently and reports to a manager.
• Develops 3D models according to design specifications and customer requirements using Presagis Creator modeling tool.
• Performs technical database engineering tasks for the implementation, integration, and testing of terrain databases and 3-D models for a variety of target Image Generator systems.
• Monitors and manages requirements to ensure timely completion of tasks.
• Works as part of a team to ensure project database requirements are met.
• Generates required technical documentation for design and testing of program requirements.
• Supports special assignments and demonstrations as required.
• Provides internal and external customers with exceptional support.
• Possible travels to customer locations to support contractual commitments including source data collection, Reviews, Deliveries, and Installations. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
• Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelors or higher degree in computer science, computer animation, 3D Art, or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
• Knowledge of the moving model generation process along with the required database formats.
• Knowledge of the terrain database generation process along with the required correlated database formats to support SAF and sensor simulation.
• Knowledge of visual and sensor simulation system design, development, analysis, and test and evaluation for training systems. Essential Mental Requirements
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
• Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism when engaging with coworkers, customers and external partners in the conduct of duties.
• Ability to work independently on tasking with minimal supervision. Essential Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.
Equipment/Software/Tools Used Software tools experience
• Windows 10
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook)
• Terra Vista
• ESRI Arc Info
• Global Mapper
• 3D Max
• Milk Shape Image Generators experience
• V-Ship- Preferred
• Vital X - desired
• Vital 1100 - desired
• Open Scene Graph (OSG)- Preferred
• Unity -desired • UnREAL 4 - desired
• US Government security clearance may be required and candidate must be eligible.
• Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Our benefits package includes: Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.