Specialty:Network Security Analyst
Title: Security Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen / GC Holders / Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after information technology positions available. As a reputable IT solutions and professional staffing provider, you can trust us to place you in the best position to further your career. We currently have an opportunity for a Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA that could be right for you.
The Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) is focused on automating security detection, responding to security incidents, and working with partner teams to build capabilities that support the incident lifecycle. This is the front-line team that detects, investigates, and responds to security threats and malicious activity. While the team is not new, they are now increasing scope. This is a key technical leadership role to define and execute our vision for threat detection and incident response capabilities and process while mentoring other team members. As a lead, you will have direct impact building, optimizing, and growing securing capabilities as you help deliver world-class threat detection and incident response.
Skillset / Experience:
The ideal candidate will have experience in helping to build out or improve processes / efficiencies / automate process within security - ideally related to threat detection and incident response.
Top 3-5 Technologies Required: Prior experience in technical and leadership roles within Security and incident response teams. This should include experience with the following:
- Host/Cloud Forensics (AWS)
- Incident Management
- Threat Intelligence
- Threat Hunting
- Security Detection
Top 5 Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Investigation & Response: Perform investigations of security incidents using your knowledge and understanding of digital forensic artifacts, log data analysis and/or developing automation for investigation & response capabilities that scale.
- Incident Handling: Coordinate and drive resolution on a diverse range of incidents as part of an on-call team. Analyze root causes, trends and systematic issues.
- Detection Engineering: Create and automate threat detection and hunting based on indicators observed during incident response or from other threat intelligence.
- Technical Leadership: Help define and execute strategy for threat detection and incident response.
- Influence & Communication: Collaborate well with cross-functional partner teams, such as Legal, Privacy, and Engineering for efficient, large-scale response.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- …and much more!
TekPartners has been a trusted and proven technology solutions firm for over 16 years. As an information technology partner we offer our clients proven talent through professional staffing, managed services, and IT project solutions. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We will always be people helping people, and we strive to match proven talent with the right opportunities every day.
TekPartners is an equal opportunity employer.