Network Engineer II
Title: Network Engineer II
Location: Miami, FL
Duration: 3 Months
Compensation: $45.00 to $50.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Network Engineer II.
- CCNA desirable.
- CISSP and ITIL a plus.
- Advanced architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Associate Degree in IT Engineering or Management or 5 + years in IT Engineering experience
- Established technical skills for Cisco Unified Communications equipment including UCCX, CER, Call Manager, CUPC, Unity Connections
- 2+ years’ experience in maintaining Cisco Unified Communications platforms.
- Experience support an enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, IP Telephony, VPNs, VMs, virtual networks, etc.
- Functional knowledge of current protocols and standards, including OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, SIP, IPsec, DNS/DHCP and SNMP.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, traffic flow, and data processing concepts.
- Knowledge of advanced network services, ie IP Multicast, QOS, etc.
- Developed analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Follow policies and procedures for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Responsible for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in the development of network strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Monitor network services for capacity, stability, and agility to satisfy service level agreements with business units.
- Adhere to maintaining documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- CCNA or equivalent work experience in at least 2-of the following network disciplines (Routing Switching, VOIP, or Security).
- 2 to 4 years plus of CUCM - VOIP networking experience /technical proficiency in LAN, WAN, Network Management, and Security. Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Windows environments Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Must have experience Unity voice mail, CUCM 10.x, SIP, Cube, Jabber, Video, TMS.
- Strong background in Cisco Security and network switching is desired
- Provide VOIP services support at a mid-level to the enterprise; provide product design, recommendations, evaluations, and configurations, etc.
- Responsible for resolving Cisco UC Manager 10.x VOIP client business problems through research, installation and customization, network administration, and network management support.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the VOIP network infrastructure (i.e. Cabling- Racking/LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP/VPN/Network Security).
- Provide on-call operational level support for all aspects of the VOIP hardware and software.
- Excellent team player with ability to coordinate and cooperate with others and have the willingness to learn from Sr. VOIP Engineer mentoring
- Follow established policies and procedures for the maintenance of all network infrastructures, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Ensure compliance of network devices to Company standards in regard to device configuration and deployments.
- Define and maintain SOPs and quality standards
- Assist in feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.