Optical Testing Technician
Title: Optical Testing Technician
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 12 Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Optical Testing Technician.
- Execute predefined test plans
- Careful & repeated testing of moderate quantities of optical components
- Keep meticulous notes on experimental conditions, deviations from expected behavior, interesting results
- Compile and deliver test reports in a timely fashion
- Develop standard operating procedures and test specifications from newly-developed characterization methods, at the direction of senior engineers
- Maintain calibration records for key optical equipment; coordinate with external vendors when routine calibration & maintenance is required
- Assist in tester development by recommending equipment and constructing/assembling mechanical setups from off-the-shelf components as needed
- Develop & maintain optical measurement systems
- Specify, identify and recommend key test equipment, including off-the-shelf solutions as well as components for custom solutions
- Build tools for image capture and analysis
- Create or refine testing software in support of efficient and automated data acquisition + visualization. Use of macros and scripts needed.
- Organize and perform gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (“R&R”) and other qualification / validation testing
- Responsible for new instrument qualification & bring up
- Execute hands-on testing using in-house measurement capabilities
- Develop design documents and SOPs, train techs to perform measurements
- Analyze data and report findings using statistical data analysis methods.
- Design documents for new characterization methods
- Qualification reports for characterization methods
- Code for improved characterization methods
- Standard operating procedures for routine testing methods
- Experimental characterization data of optical components & systems
- Detailed technical reports with data analysis that answer critical questions about hardware performance and image quality issues
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Hands-on experience testing or calibrating optical properties of cameras, lenses, image sensors or other related opto-mechanical devices (e.g. fiber-optic, endoscopic systems)
- Working in a lab environment, maintaining and operating sensitive measurement setups for repeatable quality data acquisition.
- Comfortable handling mechanical, optical, and electrical components in clean environments
- Excellent ability to make use of organizational tools to manage inventory of a wide range of parts and hardware configurations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Nice to Have Experience/Skills
- Solid understanding of camera and image quality test methodology: MTF, stray light, standard test charts, color correction.
- Working experience with industry-standard image test/measurement tools, i.e. Imatest, Image Engineering, ImageJ
- Experience with scripting across multiple OSes: *nix, windows, and mac; especially python/Matlab/shell scripting
- Experience performing failure analysis investigations
- Hands-on experience working in a lab environment, creating, maintaining and operating sensitive measurement setups for quality data acquisition.
- Experience maintaining suitable bench characterization testing equipment for electro-optical characterization, using sound and robust optical and mechanical design principles.
- Self-discipline, initiative, and motivation with the ability to work with limited direct supervision. Diligent attention to detail with a strong commitment to do the job right the first time.
- Technical creativity and innovative thinking, maintaining a professional, organized, and clean lab environment.
- Understanding of imaging/camera system level design and considerations.
- Experience with imaging related lab hardware: light sources, lux meters, test charts & imaging targets, opto-mechanical components, motion control stages & precision alignment components, optical filters (bandpass, IR cut-off), lenses.
- Ability to understand, modify or write software for macros / scripting to automate data acquisition and analysis, using Python, MATLAB, Excel
- Experience managing inventory & device tracking
- Experience managing laboratory
- Specific Knowledge & Experience (at least one major area covered)
- Sensor characterization
- Knowledge of image quality, basic sensor operation, electronics interfacing
- Experience with I2C, MIPI, sensor development kits
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor structure & operation
- Deep understanding of noise sources
- Experience using light sources, lux meters, test charts, opto-mechanical components, optical filters (bandpass, IR cut-off), lenses.
- Hands-on experience prototyping with macro-scale imaging test targets, interfacing fixtures for sensor devices, off-the-shelf optomechanical components (e.g. thorlabs, edmund, newport)
- Knowledge of CAD and rapid prototyping
- Experience interfacing with serial devices
- Image Quality Analysis
- Image transfer functions
- Fourier transforms
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.