Senior Deskside Support Technician
: Senior Deskside Support Technician
Location: Tampa, FL
Duration: 12 months+
Compensation: $25.00 to $30.00 hourly
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Deskside Support Technician.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot and help solve problems
- Provide technical knowledge and skills as required for the position to provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support
Key behavioral competencies:
- Business Savvy
- Leading Change
- Relaying Vision
- Excellence Orientation
- Talent Building
- Inspiring Others
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Strategic Thinking
Results / Metrics Position Will Be Measured Against:
- Ability to field trouble calls at a sufficient volume per day
- Ability to resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 problems in a timely and professional manner
- Accurate documentation of work, including updating the necessary tracking tools
- Enhancement of personal skillsets, tools, technologies, business knowledge, certifications, etc.
- Three or more years of work experience in IT
- Proficient oral communication skills
- Ability to utilize existing resources to solve problems
- Good time management skills (i.e. works efficiently)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Strong understanding of the IT infrastructure, including specialized experience in one or more areas (e.g., printers, PC’s, software programs)
Specialized Skills and Technologies:
- 3 or more years of experience in supporting end users or Windows desktop or mobile devices
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot LAN/WAN and VPN desktop or mobile device connectivity issues
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows and Active Directory
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or equivalent preferred
- Capability to understand Company’s application portfolio as well as how the different systems contribute to daily business operations
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
- The Senior Support Services Technician is responsible for software and hardware support.
- Provides technical advice, guidance and informal training to end users using hardware and software programs.
- Troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Maintains knowledge database and call tracking database to enhance quality and timeliness of problem resolutions.
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others with calls. knowledge with updated business, industry, and technology trends
- Analyze and improve knowledge database to reduce call times and improve call outcomes
- Analyze call tracking database to identify trouble patterns, and work with impacted application and technical teams to document steps needed for improvement
- Design and develop workflow processes to improve end user experience
- Provide technical expertise to project teams to ensure successful project implementation
- Take and handle incoming calls for support in an efficient and professional manner
- Provide first level of support to resolve most basic problems involving infrastructure and client technology components, including but not limited to: client hardware/software, printers, and network components
- Provide second level of support to resolve more complex problems involving infrastructure and client technology components, including but not limited to: client hardware/software, printers and network components
Building Capabilities (5%):
- Stay up-to-date on Company’s infrastructure components to always ensure the highest level of service and support to the organization
- Mentor peers to help them build capabilities
- Document troubleshooting instructions
- Improve efficiency of team to resolve problems
- Domestic travel, approximately less than 25%
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay, 401K
· Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.