Senior MongoDB Developer
: Senior MongoDB Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC (Remote for 2020)
Duration: End of 2020 then extension
Work Requirements: Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Required Experience & Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation and support of MongoDB and distributed systems in a client/server environment
- Provide technical leadership for MongoDB related initiatives, database administration and maintenance activities
- Installing, configuring and maintaining multiple MongoDB instances
- Administer MongoDB Ops Manager, backups and automation.
- Automate routine tasks with shell scripts and industry standard tools like Ansible
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation
- Manage MongoDB in AWS EC2 environment.
- Work with Developers/Users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage
- Implementation and support of HA Clustering/replica sets
- Performance analysis tools related to KPI’s like database storage I/O, CPU, Memory and TPS
- Database reporting, job scheduling, routine MongoDB maintenance
- Understanding of MongoDB database security access and authentication (LDAP and Active Directory)
- Understanding of Operating System Technologies, mainly Red Hat Linux
- Upgrade and apply security patch across environmental life-cycle Dev – Prod.
- Experience and troubleshooting some of the features like Sharding and Encryption.
- Using Compass for remote connectivity.
- Experience in hosting shared MongoDB instance in single server.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-v) and AWS Cloud
- Database Monitoring Tools
- Ansible Automation
- Python Scripting/Development
- Experience with other Database technologies- MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DocumentDB and DynamoDB