Senior Database Engineer - Gaming Database Engineering Team REQ 454
: Senior Database Engineer - Gaming Database Engineering Team
Location: Los Angeles, FL
Compensation: $86.00 to $105.00 per hour
Duration: 6 months+
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Database Engineer - League Database Engineering Team.
- 10+ years’ experience with database design and administration across multiple systems including MongoDB, MySQL 5.6/5.7, AWS (Aurora, RDS, EC2 etc.) is required
- Experience with mentoring engineers in the database craft is required
- Strong SQL skills, Query performance analysis, Index Optimization
- Experience with either Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Experience with Standard Replication and Galera Replication
- Performance optimization with MySQL and Operating System
- Experience with database backups and recovery
- Experience with Percona Toolkit such as pt-online-schema-change
- Understanding of database sharding, and mechanisms to prevent full outages based upon data partitioning (sharding)
- Familiar with MySQL standard methodologies and security
- Knowledge of Chef, Git, Terraform
- Proficient in scripting/programming language like Shell, Perl, Python, Golang
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Capacity evaluation in terms of projection and status quo in terms of storage, performance
- Capable of consultation to build highly available structures, HA, Consistent HashRing, failover and cross region replication scenarios.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- technical and non-technical
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy and within an environment with ambiguity
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to lead via influence without authority
- Experience in evaluating mean database latency performance P50 and P99 values.
- The Gaming Database Engineering team brings deep knowledge about databases, operating systems, performance tuning, monitoring databases using various technologies to gaming ecosystem.
- As a part of the team, you possess a depth of knowledge in the database technologies along with the breadth of understanding on infrastructures, systems, scalability, and computer science fundamentals to solve massive load problems.
- You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology including containerized highly scalable databases, HA solutions, and various automation technologies.
- You will work on the central team supporting all of gaming database infrastructure.
- You will develop and maintain a scalable infrastructure that supports one of the largest games in the world.
- Your goal will be to help launch, maintain and optimize the infrastructure in an automated fashion.
- The team consists of dedicated mentors, database engineers, and contributors with an extensive background in delivering the highest uptime for databases.
- Do you want to work on highly scalable, player-facing databases? If so, this is a perfect role for you.
- Design, and build logical and physical data models from the business and technical requirements
- Write complex stored procedures, functions, ETL jobs
- Ensure the databases meet modern security standards.
- Identify and optimize complex and long running queries, and remove blockages
- Set database modeling and SQL coding standards; educate the team and implement quality controls
- Solve production issues and provide on-call support
- Evaluate change requests and assess their impact on the production databases
- Ensure backup and recovery plans are sufficient
- Perform capacity planning and support monitoring in collaboration with development, NOC and IT
- Implement and Maintain high availability (HA), scalability, disaster recovery, and backup/recovery solutions
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting and/or open source tools
- Setup monitoring solutions to pro-actively collect, analyze and resolve database related issues.
- Install and configure MySQL instances, databases, and replication for optimum performance
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.