Business Systems Analyst
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 6 month contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst in Charlotte, NC.
Skillset / Experience:
This BSA position will be responsible for preparing financial data for analytical or operational uses, building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems, integrating, consolidating and cleansing data, developing data governance documentation, then creating visualizations and content for end user consumption.
• Requirements Gathering – Work directly with subject matter experts to identify, understand, and translate key metrics into high quality analytics solutions designed to enhance and improve critical business processes.
• Visualization Design – Ability to turn those requirements into impactful dashboards aimed at displaying large amounts of data in a way to drive better, more informed decisions for the organization This will require a strong understanding of, and experience building, effective charts, visualizations and financial data.
• Dashboard Development (Power BI) – Utilize your skills and knowledge to coalesce your visualizations into best in class analytics dashboards primarily using Microsoft Power BI.
• Innovation – Champion the introduction of new practices for integration, maintenance, testing, deployment, reporting & analytics.
• Governance – Work with subject matter experts to build solutions using approved calculations and data elements, emphasizing proper data governance.
• Risk & Compliance – Ensure that all solutions are designed and built to comply with, and at all times adhere to, Mecklenburg County, data privacy and other risk & compliance policies, procedures and controls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to quickly gather requirements, learn subject matter and extract and transform data
- Adept in optimizing data models and visualizations maximizing Power BIs speed of response
- Working knowledge on how to automate, deliver and schedule PowerBI reports
- Ability to test data model, calculations and quality of analytical output
- Expertise in use and application of DAX and constructing advanced calculations
- Strong ability to connect to variety of data sources, proficiently using the queried data in PowerBI
- Proficient in the development of highly visual reports, dashboards and data narratives
- Strong knowledge of secondary tools like SQL, Azure
- Demonstrable experience in visualization best practices, data optimization and model efficiency
- Ability to effectively deliver and present work to the appropriate audience
- Apply data quality assurance practices in the development of data models and resulting output
- Deadline oriented with ability to manage concurrent deliverables
- Candidates should be expected to demonstrate their knowledge of PowerBI and command of data with team members (Sanitized Portfolio would be desirable)
- Familiarity with key aspects of the government financial management domain
- Ability to perform GAP analysis, define requirements and recommend changes from a finance/accounting perspective on system/process improvements.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years using PowerBI as a primary analysis and visualization tool
- 4+ years developing queries and consuming data from Azure, SQL or similar tools, actively working with the data in PowerBI
- Extensive experience in data transformation through PowerBI Query Editor
- Experience in financial services, or other highly regulated governmental agency highly desirable
- Experience in CGI Advantage financial system preferred
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401K Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.