Optical Test Engineer
Title: Optical Test Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought-after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an Optical Test Engineer, in Mountain View, CA.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Design, execute and document lab/bench tests to evaluate mechanical and electrical performance of different camera/optical components. Support and execute in-vehicle tests to quantify component performance in the integrated system in real world operation.
- Aggregate and structure test results to derive quantitative performance characteristics of the system components under different situations.
- Provide structured feedback and recommendations to the design engineers to support and accelerate the component development.
- Develop and present test designs for review - considerations include robustness, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability.
- As a Test Engineer, you will collaborate with a team of mechanical design & electrical engineers as well as vehicle integration and software engineers to test and validate components, functions and interfaces and for a variety of the optical systems.
- This is a creative role with many layers of ambiguity.
- Creating test setups and integration concepts with expectation for a quick turn-around for rapid feedback to the team are critical to this role.
- Participate in technical discussions and support the decision-making process with team members
- Provide regular updates to team members and management
- Support bring-up of new electronics components during all phases of development
- 2+ years of recent hands-on experience in testing optics and cameras.
- Hands-on experience working with cameras, camera pod developer, testing and verification
- Must have experience programming/scripting and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with CATIA or similar CAD system for designing simple test fixtures
- Hands-on experience with basic machining and additive manufacturing techniques for prototyping
- Highly attentive to details
- Strong communication and team working skills
Nice to have skills:
- 4+ years of industry experience related to the design of automotive systems
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.