Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 12 month contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer in Anderson, SC.
Skillset / Experience:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time of equipment. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Oversees automated equipment installation, maintenance and upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide support on new product launches, platform projects and new materials technology developments
Deliver process improvements projects from a performance, cost effectiveness and quality standpoint.
Propose design improvements / guidelines to the Engineering groups in order to optimize performance
Support manufacturing on equipment and suppliers selection, troubleshooting and develop an understanding of new / state of the art technologies.
•Work directly with manufacturing in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
•Implement and promote Manufacturing System (EMS) principles (5S, Poka Yoke, DMAIC SMED, etc) to continuously improve upon our own record
· BS degree in engineering required; preferably in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering
· 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, critical parameters, technologies and equipment
· Thorough knowledge of materials testing procedures including Design of Experiments methodology (DOE), specifications and engineering procedures
· Lean manufacturing experience is required (i.e. 5S, Poka Yoke, DMAIC SMED, etc.).
· Experience in a diverse and matrixed environment
· Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint & Project
· Exposure to TPM AND Six Sigma
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.