Title: Purchasing Agent
Location: Springfield, TN
Duration: 6 month assignment to start
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Purchasing Agent in Springfield, TN.
Skillset / Experience:
M-F 8am to 5.00pm
TRAVEL: Occasional to local suppliers around Springfield, Tennessee or Kentucky.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in purchasing or supply chain.
· Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings.
· Understanding of supplier processes and cost drivers.
· Negotiation skills
· Material flow process knowledge (transportations, lead times, tier 2 supply, etc.)
· Analytical ability.
· Internal and external conflict resolution skills.
· Personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel (must), Word, Power Point
· Basic knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes.
· Career skills, abilities, competencies expected – Great communication skills needed, problem solving, sense of urgency to achieve targets
· Preferred and/or required qualifications (ie. certifications, trainings, etc.) – Proficiency on Excel
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate and improve project management skills, including management of project schedules, understanding purchasing role in the project management process.
• Understanding vendor relationships in the purchasing process, from RFQ to final part approval.
• Develop a Co-Op purchasing project.
• Working with engineering personnel understanding drawings and specifications needed to purchase parts.
• Exposure to Product Planning; entire product development process from concept to production.
More details on the support needed:
· Support on NPI tracker weekly update: BOM load and update, WoW BOM comparison
· Create Purchase Order/Create PPRF in the system to set up price/ request PPAP
· Send drawing revisions and RFQ update request to suppliers
· Support supplier follow up meetings from MVT to MP
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.