Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Springfield, TN
Duration: 12 month contract to start
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Controls Engineer in Springfield, TN.
Skillset / Experience:
Support the installation, commissioning, and startup activities for automated assembly equipment. Work closely with project leaders and support them by completing assigned activities. The successful candidate will have technical knowledge of automated work cells, process lines and equipment integration.
Successful candidate will prioritize and organize own work to deliver to agreed deadlines. Applies knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day to day activities to support the installation and confirmation of new process equipment. Identifies and solves problems in straightforward situations; generates possible solutions, analyzes each using standard procedures. Contributes actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Team member in assigned projects. Contribute as subject matter expert for controls and electrical equipment
• Confirm equipment meets specifications as it relates to electrical, controls and operational technology specifications
• Improve operations (uptime, quality, data collection) through controls improvement
• Improve and document recovery procedures and HMI screens to aid in fault recovery
• Lead operation and maintenance technicians by troubleshooting failures and identifying corrections
• Support line operations during new process startup.
• Support weekly project meetings
• Support equipment installation as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Controls preferred)
• 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read and interpret electrical/controls drawings
• Working knowledge of electrical standards and NEC
• PLC programming (Siemens) and HMI
• OPC/OPC UA – Client application
• Fluent English
• Experience commissioning and installing new production machinery and integrated systems
• Experience with automated work cells integrating standard 6-axis robots (KUKA preferred)
• Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Siemens PLC and integration of data structures for data collections and MES
• Automated work cells with integrated robotics
• Vision system knowledge and applications (Cognex)
• RFID applications
• Safety systems and controls for automated equipment
• Ability to work weekends and off shifts when required to support improvement activities
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.