Datacenter Technical Expert
Title: Datacenter Technical Expert
Location: Greenville, SC
Duration: 6 month contract to start
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Datacenter Technical Expert.
Skillset / Experience:
The general responsibilities/skills: The Server Technical Lead is an Infrastructure role responsible for the support, design, documentation, and optimization of enterprise server solutions including physical, virtual and cloud implementations. Current platforms supported are Windows, Linux (RHEL), Unix (AIX) running on p-Series, x-Series and Hyper-converged infrastructure as well as Cloud solutions such as Azure/AWS. Knowledge of Mainframe, VMS and AS400 is a plus.
The PRIMARY skills desired: Experience in design, document, deploy, optimize and support Hyperconverged solutions based on VSAN technologies at remote sites like plants and commercial agencies
At a minimum, they should have excellent technical competencies the following
- VMware VSAN
- VMware and ESXi
- Veeam (or similar)
- Windows, Redhat, AIX operating systems
- Server hardware sizing, configuration and tuning (various vendors)
- Monitoring tools
- Experience scripting in Powershell, Python, Perl (or similar)
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (NSX-T, LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Well-rounded knowledge of storage and backup solutions (NetApp, SAN, Veeam, TSM, etc)
They should also have excellent skills in the following:
- Communication – Verbal and Written
- Leadership and Initiative
- Utilizes a systematic approach to design, optimization, and problem solving
- Ability to work with supplier guiding them to complete the technical work
- Goal-oriented and persuasive
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective negotiations, arbitration, and risk management skills
- Looks for any areas of improvement and suggests changes, rather than waiting for direction
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.