Industrial & Layout Engineer
Title: Industrial & Layout Engineer
Location: Anderson, SC
Duration: 12 month contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Industrial & Layout Engineer in Anderson, SC.
Mon to Fri 8-5 (some weekend will be required in the future)
Roles and Responsibilities
The Industrial Engineer works as part of Global Manufacturing Engineering team dedicated to factory layout design and fully focused on the layout of the factory. He/she is going to be collaborating with the simulation experts from other business areas to guarantee standardization in our processes and that best practices are applied to the activity. Also responsible for driving factory layout, based on the guidelines, and high-level factory layout optimization decisions through quantitative analysis. Develop 3D design of the individual production lines to be located in the factory using point cloud data (Faro Scan Data), show detailed understanding of the high-level objectives of the factory and extensive collaboration with the internal and external teams The Industrial Engineer will do a wide variety of detailed analysis and data gathering in support of the overall objectives of the team.
Skills And Experience
• 3-5 Years of experience as an Industrial Engineer and on Layout design & Optimization
• Experience with AutoCAD 2D & 3D, NX Line Designer
• Knowledge in developing 3D factory using scan data input, to interpret content and measure dimensions
• Experience with 3D modeling using NX software
• Experience with Teamcenter Visualization software
• Experience doing the detailed analysis necessary to make data driven decisions on factory layout design, production line design or warehouse design
• Knowledgeable to work on NPIs for green field / brown field projects
• Experience in applying Lean Manufacturing techniques
• Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Mastery in conflict management and objective thinking
• Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• User Experience with Teamcenter PLM will be an advantage
• BS/MS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent)
• Using AutoCAD, NX Line Designer & Navisworks to create 3D model of production lines
• Provide inputs & work with factory simulation/modeling teams to develop line simulations, flow paths and aisle sizing for products, raw materials, and work in progress
• Use data and analyze, resolve conflict among stakeholders for space utilization
• Define and optimize layouts for production support areas to improve safety, density, and flow
• Work with the external teams designing production lines for the factory to ensure that their layouts align with the plan and vision for the factory
• Utilize 3D modeling software to visualize and allocate space in 3D
• Support the development and analysis of factory layout concepts to understand and quantify tradeoffs
• Support decision making on factory layout through the use of data
• Present and provide updates on the factory layout to the executive team in steering meetings
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.