Web Developer- Java
Title: Java Web Developer
Location: Orlando, FL
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Java Web Developer.
Skillset / Experience:
Experienced Java Developer with some Front-End Web Development; creating exceptional web based customer experiences on the Enterprise Platforms. Translates visual and written designs into efficient front end components.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Design and develop web applications using the Adobe (AEM) platform, including site structure, custom components, custom workflows, object model designs (Java APIs), and unit testing
· Provide input into planning and estimates, and executing technical tasks following the Agile methodology including SCRUM
· Define, document and communicate technical features and requirements for implementation
· Implement complex business requirements and features defined by the technical architect or business analyst
· Review code and make recommendations for other engineers
· Work with distributed team members in other offices or countries
· Work collaboratively with other team members such as Creative, UX, BA, QA, Project Management, etc.
· Integrate with backend services via REST / Web Services
· Prototype proof-of-concepts using various technologies
· Proactively research and keep team abreast of emerging technologies
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
State the specific levels of the following that are needed to perform the minimum duties of the job.
o BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
b. Knowledge and skills
o 5+ years of experience in Content Management Systems in general, with at least 3 yrs of CMS template development. AEM 6.4+ experience is ideal
o 5+ years software project delivery experience
o 3+ years Agile Experience
o Experience working with deployment pipelines
o Experience working on advanced complex projects
o Understanding of leading to drive a team forward
c. Technical Skills
· Familiarity with Zurb and/or Bootstrap (preferred)
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser development and best practices
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / BitBucket
· Proficient in CSS pre-processors such as LESS or SASS
· Proficient in XML; JSON, RESTful services; DOM parsing and memory management strategies
· Proficient understanding of common web APIs, e.g. Facebook, Google or YouTube
· Experience with common web APIs, e.g. Facebook, Google or YouTube
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
· Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
· Working knowledge of web content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, AEM
· Experience integrating with creative and design disciplines
· In-depth knowledge of Adobe AEM and integrating front end code within AEM (preferred)
· Hands-on development in React, Angular, Handlebars or similar technologies (preferred)
· Experience using AJAX and integrating with REST APIs
· Experience writing code with performance and user experience in mind
· Experience with Java development, Java Server Pages and related technologies
· Experience with Agile methodologies
· Experience with REST, Web Services, Web application frameworks
· Experience with ORM Java frameworks (Hibernate preferred)
· Experience with build automation tools (Maven, Jenkins)
· Knowledge of Java IDEs (Eclipse, IntellaJ, VSCode) and source control management (ideally GIT, SVN or similar)
· Strong adherence to a consistent delivery methodology and associated deliverable generation
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.