Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
Title: Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
Location: Springfield, TN
Duration: 12 month contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Electronic Systems Engineer in Springfield, TN.
Skillset / Experience:
The Senior Electronics Systems Engineer considers the needs of the product functionality from broad high-level requirements and can break down the functions into necessary design modules that constitute the electronic controls system. They work closely with the teams responsible for product requirements in order to scope new projects, translate customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements, and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies, feature implementations, risks, cost assessments, etc.
· Creates technical specifications from customer needs and product requirements as developed by Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, etc.
· Scopes new projects, including requirement collection, requirement analysis, system architecture direction, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
· Provides technical guidance relative to features and new technologies as part of early project assessment and design selection.
· Works closely with electronics design engineers to support interpretation of technical specifications and for collaborative feedback so to ensure the needs of all customers are met.
· Works with electromechanical and mechanical engineers to define required interfaces with controls.
· Considers the mechanical integration of the controls into the product and works with process partners to ensure environmental design needs and manufacturing practices are satisfactory.
· Interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and outside suppliers for collection of requirements and to provide direct support on technical designs.
· Supports cooking science and agency labs in development of cooking algorithm needs for the electronics controls and for creation of necessary lab development applications.
· Develops software validation test plans based directly on software technical specifications.
· Participates in Technical Design Previews in order to report on assigned project deliverables.
· Assists design teams with DFMEA development as systems-level subject matter expert.
· Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverables.
· Creates new intellectual property within scope of work.
· Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field
· Understanding of overall engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
· Appliance product design related experience is preferred
· Experience with advanced UI and GUI development is preferred.
· Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design and architecture
· Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred
· Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Strong aptitude for attention to details
· Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
· Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
· Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
· Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
· Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
· Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
· Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
· Collaborative leader and team player
· Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
· Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
· Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
· Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
· Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.