Systems Support Technician
Title: Systems Support Technician
Location: Anderson, SC
Duration: 9 month contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Support Technician in Anderson, SC.
Skillset / Experience:
The main duty of Systems Support Technician 2 will be the installation, configuration and maintenance of the site’s server hardware and software. Also, responsible for supporting and servicing networking and telephony equipment.
The Systems Support Technician 2 will also assist with end-user support, including installation, troubleshooting hardware (break/fix) and account management.
• Install and configure servers for the local site
• Monitor and manage server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources
• Document all process and changes with servers
• Complete LAN related 2nd level support issues as assigned by the IT Site Manager
• Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation & security for the servers at the local site
• Configure and deploy PC’s, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment
• Install and configure software for desktops and laptops
• Implement desktop hardware and software standards
• Provide 2nd level technical support for local office and supported remote users
• Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities
• Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware & software
• Perform Backup & Recovery procedures
• Lead or participate in server related projects as assigned by local IT Site Manager.
• Commit to thorough documentation and knowledge sharing at all times
• May perform other duties as assigned
• On call for after hours support
• Bachelors or Technical Degree in Computer Information Systems
• 2+ years supporting Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Servers
• 4+ years network administration & management in a Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Windows Server environment
• 6+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user or network computing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
Ability to communicate to various levels in the organization.
Demonstrate problem solving skills
Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment.
Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
Ability to train end users.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.